Kevin Nolan's latest full length studio album
Limited edition * first pressing * exclusively from the artist
“Let’s All Get Nervous” Album
Self-taught multi-instrumentalist, composer and producer Irish Indie artist Kevin Nolan presents a layered concept album with Let's All Get Nervous. In Let's All Get Nervous, Nolan ties together his music, writings, experimental artistic approach and personal history.
● Nolan attempts to travel from one end of the album to the other, starting with dramatic lunging composition and dragging them song by song to rest at the confessional form. Fractured narratives of filmic proportions to nimble sentences of heart-stopping intensity. The central and present point in the album’s timeline is The Frozen Present.
● The album comes with a 20-page booklet full of lyrics, art and texts from Nolan. His liner-text opens with three epigraphs, one from Bill Callahan, one from Jim Jarmusch and the last one from Kafka's Blue Octavo Notebooks.
● Nolan hid a message in the WAV file of each song; all seven messages forming a text.
● Nolan even went to the extent of making a number formation out of the track times of each song on this album.
● Nolan left composer's notes on two of the songs, one explaining a process he coins Audio-Chamber-Music in which each musician doesn't know what the other is playing.
● Nolan composed and performed Ich Atme Dich Ein, based on German lyrics written by Susanne Wawra without knowing the translation.
On this new offering, you will find guest performances from Vyvienne Long, Mick Pyro, Alabaster DePlume, Tommy Moore and Susanne Wawra.
“It’s a level of dangerous cool that hasn’t been heard since Alabama 3 opened The Sopranos.” Danny Kilmartin: Album Review | Let’s All Get Nervous With Kevin Nolan - HeadStuff.org